RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why is the THUNDER/BAJA KING such a good kit?
Old 05-29-2004, 12:36 AM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Why is the THUNDER/BAJA KING such a good kit?

Hi, lately I have seen companys making and advertising roll bars and cages for newer truck kits, I see them with these cages with people standing on them so I wanted to do a test on the $7.70 STOCK Nitro Thunder King body mounts to see what kind of pressure the STOCK $7.70 dollar nylon body mounts could take. The STOCK body mount system that that is used on the NTK kits is one of the BEST!!! mount systems ever made for an r/c truck kit, just one of the reasons for this is that the STOCK body mounts are NOT!!! mounted on the tops of the shock towers, so the shock towers can do there job better by just being SHOCK TOWERS!!! and the body mounts can be BODY MOUNTS!!!, also the STOCK body mounts are made from virgin nylon which adds flexability and durability.

For my test I used a full size 4x4 differential from a 1990 Toyota 4-Runner and set it across a board that was set on top of the STOCK NTK body mounts, This 4x4 Toyota steel diff weighs over !!!200 POUNDS!!! and I set it on top of the STOCK BODY MOUNTS!!! ONLY...with...!!!NO EXTRA SUPPORT!!!, it did NOT FAIL!!! and held the 200+pound weight. I took pics very low so you can see AIR between the engine head and diff support board.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61309.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	137456   Click image for larger version

Name:	So42836.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	137457   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb74389.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	57.9 KB