RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fiberglassing Pu foam
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Radil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fiberglassing Pu foam

Hello, Mr Ed Smith

Thank u. Ya it comes to 2.2 lbs/ft3.

There is no big reason, basically what happens is, the procurement of materials in INDIA is really difficult. What we have to do is search for available materials around my place, then try to figure out what would be the combination of all these materials. We have here 0.3 to 0.4 mm of fiberglass cloth available at my place ( whole city ) , that is lot thicker of what i think u normally use.

WE only have PU foam available here , but a vauge guess to say, its nice, absolutely rigid and its good at what we call compression.

Choice obviously comes from the weight factor as far as our wing is concerned , as light as possible. So what we decided is , this .3 to .4mm thick fiberglass cloth is heavy , any way foam is just going to take compressive loads as well as to just increse the rigidity of cross section, so this density PU foam is ok (compromise) , as u even know this
.4mm cloth we giving us a lot of strength, i mean if we really use good binder(matrix).

SO , experimenting with lot of problems, gettin materials is difficult and imagine building.[].
Now Is there any serious problem with the composition what we have taken.Please suggest me , i am already drenched in lot of troubles.

Thank you.