RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why is the THUNDER/BAJA KING such a good kit?
Old 05-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Savage_Dias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why is the THUNDER/BAJA KING such a good kit?

Not to knock your thread or anything but that pick reminds me of an experiment my jr high science teacher showed us. He would let one or two students in the class squeeze an egg in their hand & to the amazement of the class the eggs wouldn't break. There was another one I saw on TV where they sat a car on top of groupings of eggs & they didn't brake either. Again, I'm not trying to bust your claims or say the pics were faked (I seriously doubt they were BTW) but your pics only show force presented in two directions at a steady rate. R/Cs tend to wreck with a strong initial impact from progressive angles follwed by bouncing, tossing, & more impacts. It wouldn't surprise me if you could do the same axle experiment with a grouping of plastic straws.

From what I've read, the Thunder King was way ahead of it's time I give a lot of credit to MRC's engineers for their ideas & designs but like jefx said it's a discontinued truck so it's kindof pointless to try to "sell" it to everyone. I'm thrilled that you love your truck & I hope you keep posting pics / videos of it but I think you're trying a little too hard to defend a truck that noone is flaming. Give us some good old fashioned "Hey I did this & got it on video" threads instead of repeating the same threads.