RCU Forums - View Single Post - Diamond Dust VS Whiplash
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2002, 12:34 AM
Dustflyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dust vs. Whiplash

No question about it, the Diamond Dust is one of the coolest RC planes ever designed, but then came the Whiplash!

The Diamond Dust is way cheaper, especially if you have some Ultracoat laying around to cover it with. It is fun, quick and actually quite interesting to build as it is quite an ingenious design! It is very light and a great choice for small engines. Of course, as we all know it is a great flying machine no matter what kind of engine you put on it, especially when balanced at the aft end of the range, right on the front spar.

The Whiplash; however, as I see it, offers some significant features that set it apart from the Diamond Dust:

Speed of assembly. Clearly the Whiplash is the way to go if you don't want to fool around with building. Other advantages of the Whiplash: a rigid, more aerodynamic airfoil, composite construction not subject to easy breakage, no covering material which can puncture or fly off, easier installation and access to receiver and servos as well as integral hinging of the elevons. The model has an awful lot going for it!

They both hold a very unique niche in RC. My Dust is a great machine but I can't wait to try out a Whiplash!