RCU Forums - View Single Post - First RC - setup?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 07:04 PM
BllDogg
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First RC - setup?

I have broken in the MGT and have it tuned pretty close... still a little fat, since I dont have a temp gun yet.

I just put on the Integy MSR4 shocks with 50wt. AE oil and they actually seem softer with the red springs than the stock with the blue did.

I also put on RPM A-arms all the way around and my castor/camber/toe seems to be all wrong now. I'm sure I could get it closer by eye, but wondering if there is a propper way to dial in the setup.

When I got the truck the rears were toed in quite a bit, but I figured thats the way it should be. According to AE's setup guid online it says standard rear toe is 1* and race setup is 0*. If I understand this correctly, I think the rear toe helps keep the truck from spinning... or tightens the rear.

I also added the fuel tubing for the brake... but that seems like almost too much brake now.

And I moved the battery from battery slot to the Auxilery slot, for more power. I read it bumps me up from 4.8v to 6.0v The problem is that it drains VERY fast like that.

AE also says to change from the 15 tooth to a 17 tooth for racing.

Can any of you comment on the above items?

Thanx,
Matt