RCU Forums - View Single Post - XXX Monster Truck
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 07:46 PM
doesgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XXX Monster Truck

ORIGINAL: fourwheeler

Hey doesgo...didn't you have some footage in the XXX Monster vid? And if you are who I think you are why haven't you guys come out with a DVD??? I would buy it and I am sure others would...please, pretty please
Yeah, we sure did! Some of our footage here and there, plus our own "SlapMaFro" section! Pretty cool to see that in there finally. The XXXMain guy contacted us a long time ago for the footage, I was starting to wonder if it'd ever get in!

Why haven't we done a DVD? The biggest sticking point is unlicensed music. My buddy who does the editing finds songs he likes and are appropriate (in his mind, at least!) for the content, but it's unlicensed. That's usually okay if we're not making money off it, but if we try to sell a DVD for profit with someone else's music, that can get pretty hairy. We could try to find a local band to donate some music in trade for the exposure, but that's a lot of work. This is still just a hobby of ours, and it's all we can do to bash, race, repair, and make the videos!

Nobody has been more surprised than us at the popularity of our videos, however. The main slapmafro site page got 1.2 million hits just in the month of May with around 850GB of data transferred! Never thought we'd see that kind of usage.