RCU Forums - View Single Post - Metal-Morphing a Yellow P-38
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 04:15 PM
Metalmorphous
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Metal-Morphing a Yellow P-38

Thanks again twin-man, I'm sure I will have about another 100 questions I will need answer before I complete this bird

Kerry and the others, We sold the VQ before anyone had a chance to fly her, like I said it was just a test mule for our plating process, we needed a project that would demonstrate the the versitility of our seamless micro Aluminum process, thats when I came up with the idea to plate a model (and my favorite may I add) The plating added a total of 11oz... Much less than we expected and because of how we apply the plating there is no interferance with radio equiment. I cant go into too much detail on the process but I can say that the metal is heated but cooled before it damages the subsufaces, that the tricky part. We have it now that we can plate a styrofoam cup with very little distortion. The fiberglass, wood and plastics are no problem at all, we plate the cobra hoods all the time. Let me also say that unfortuneitly its not an inexspesive process, most would be better off with the other aluminum products.
Again I appretate the help and interest in our project and enjoy the pictures.
Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89090.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	139486   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76467.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	139487   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38123.jpg
Views:	131