RCU Forums - View Single Post - 29% Katana-S ARF---Aeroworks!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 09:35 PM
ilrcflyboy
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 29% Katana-S ARF---Aeroworks!!!

ORIGINAL: CCDave

Flyboy,

They weren't included in mine either... I assume they were supposed to be there but who know we may have to make them... This is a quality ARF, but they leave a lot to the imagination... There are several things that aren't even mentioned in the instructions... Like mounting the landing gear... I just bult a WildHare Extra for a guy and the had specific directions on where to mount the gear... Not with this one... One page the plane doesn't have gear and the next it does... I'm sure I can "wing" it but it is nice to have everything in the instructions...
I noticed the same in the instructions as far as the gear are concerned. Thought that was interesting. Also, there's some confusion in the section related to installing a canister muffler. It says that if you aren't using a cannister, there is no need to cut the covering. However, it then goes on to say that the hatch has to be installed anyway. That's next to impossible without removing the covering.

Again, though...this is a beautiful airplane and I was glad to get all of the pieces in tact. Just got one of the aileron's hinged tonight. I chose to replace the CA hinges, which were to be replaced by the Dubro flat hinges (included in the hardware kit), with Robart large hinge points. Unfortunately, the hobby shop here isn't well-stocked and I only got 18 of them. Takes 8 in each aileron.