RCU Forums - View Single Post - Product Representatives- "Forum Moderator"- Oxymoron?
Old 07-08-2002, 04:23 AM
INJUN_EAR
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Product Representatives- "Forum Moderator"- Oxymoron?

I've noticed a very queer thing about these "forums"....

There are hobby product representatives hanging out as "moderators". You know, those people with the power to edit, and delete posts that are contrary to their business posture, or product line....

Ann Marie Cross has demonstrated the propensity to do so concerning posts that I have made, twice so with by having no less than two of my threads "killed", and one edited to remove content that was critical to her, and the company she represents.......One involved her assertion that Futaba equipment be sent in once a year for a "check-up" to ensure that it's safe, and the other that they (Great Planes, i.e. Futaba) use incorrect terms in their product brochures and instruction manuals that's amatuerist and incorrect; FM instead of the technically correct term, PPM........

Here's a question to you guys.....

Given that she contributes good information, mostly I suppose, but crosses (no pun) the line from time to time, is it "ethetical" to have a factory "product representative" asserting herself (themselves) in these supposed "unbiased discussion forums", disguised as "moderators"?????????

I, of course think not......I read her posts and they clearly whistle the company tune...Some of her answers, so much so, as to defy common sense.....

I wish I were smart enough to put this question in the form of a poll, but I'm not......

So how about it? How many of you have had your posts directly, or indirectly deleted or edited by RC8V8,...or anyone else on behalf of Ann Marie Cross, or Great Planes manufacturing, when being critical of their products???????

Question two. I have observed that AM is the dominate voice in the Radio forum. She contributes inordinately to most threads, and again, whistling the company tune....

Is this in the spirit of an open forum, or does her contribution, and repeated inputs to these threads skew the objectivity of the forum in favor of one narrow point of view, that being Great Planes product distributors?????