RCU Forums - View Single Post - ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!
Old 06-08-2004, 10:29 AM
AlexL
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reponse from Sierra

Dear all,

I just wanted to give a quick update to everyone. I ordered my set of retracts for my TopFlight 1/5 scale P51 Mustang. There was some frustration over the process but guess what, the set arrived this morning, what a nicely crafted engineering piece.

I did talk with Mr. Tenny yesterday, before the receipt of the parcel this morning. We had actually quite an open-hearted conversation, and I just want to share this with you all, so that we can appreciate what Darrel is going through and trying so hard to address all issues. I am not associated with Sierra in any ways, but just a happy customer that wants to share his experience with some of you who might feel a little bit neglected.

According to Darrel, retracts are only a small percentage of his business which gone through some down-sizing, right-sizing whichever way you want to put it, in reality, when things are tough, you have to let your people go, I know, I have to do the same in the small engineering consulting firm I run and the feeling is not good.

Darrel is happy to say that all his people landed on their feet quickly and some of them even found opportunities in other States. That being said, things have turned around the past little while and he has more orders that he could handle (a good problem), but also found himself with no craftsmen to do the job, and good helps are hard to come by.

He is aware of the noise from the users communities, but when trying to balance all the demands on a daily basis, that is the last thing he has time to do (no excuse there but I think I appreciate his stance).

There you have it, I will have no problems recommending Sierra's products to anyone who wants a first class design and products, and willing to wait for a little while for it to be shipped. Throughout my dealings with Darrel, he has been courteous, a true gentleman, and I hope you all give him a little breathing space.

Best regards,

Alex Lee
Thornhill, Ontario
Canada