RCU Forums - View Single Post - Product Reviews
Thread: Product Reviews
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2002, 02:24 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Product Reviews

Two big problems... And they both relate to the same cause. The kit manufacturers don't know you. I mean really, they don't have a clue who you are. Imagine this, you have a kit that you don't have time to build. Some generous guy tell you that he'll build it for you.

"Do you have any building experience?"

"Oh yea! I've built hundreds of planes! Everything from WW1 biplanes to F-16s. I even have some hanging in a museum."

Well, what the heck! You give the guy the plane and 6 months later he's still not finished.

"This is a REALLY tough kit! The so and so wasn't right, and the instructions stink", etc.

Then finally he brings it to you and it looks like it has already been through 20 crashes.

"But... but... you said you've built HUNDREDS of planes!?"

"Yea, they all pretty much come out looking like this, I just have a hard time with wood and glue. And this is the first time I ever had to use that iron-on covering stuff, BOY is THAT hard to work with!"

But... but... you said you had planes hanging in museums!"

"Oh yea, back in the little town I grew up in, we had a local history museum and they hung up the plastic model of a dinosaur that I made ."

Get the idea?

The other problem is they don't know whether or not you can read, let alone write. They just can't take a chance on someone with no credentials to back them up.