RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tower Hobbies Uproar 60
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 12:07 PM
MOJO65-9or10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tower Hobbies Uproar 60

Hey bud, Here's a few of the tips I got when I asked around.

1. To be "more" 3D capable you need to add some more size to the rudder,elevator. You also should extend the ailerons to the fuse. Just removing the taper on the inboard portion is what they are talking about.

2. Add a sheet or two more to the portion above and below the wing spar. If the 60 is the same as the 40 kit you will have four long thin pieces of balsa that you glue to the sides of the fuse. Add another sheet or two around the spar.

3. In the 40 kit I used the largest recommended fuel tank which then required me to remove some of the fire wall to get it to fit. The tank was a little long. I had two remove about .80".

4. Make sure you build a left and a right side to the fuse. I built two rights. OPPS

5. Sheet the wing out two the first rib to allow for more area to cover to when assembled. Do not put all the cap strips on until the wing is thru the fuse. Just have the first bay sheeted on each side.

6. My personal tip is two build it like an ARF. What I mean by that is two cover everything BEFORE you glue it together. It make covering MUCH MUCH easier. That way you can slide the fuse a little off to the right when you cover the left wing. It makes getting the seams nice a lot easier. I also would cover the bottom of the fuse first and then the sides at least before you slide the wing thru.

7. Consider mounting the engine sideways with the exhaust UNDER the plane. Just make sure you can run your throttle pushrod. In my case I used a cable for my throttle. It works great.

8. Everyone says to drill a large hole in the leading edge for the throttle but if you get a long drill bit you can drill it after you have slid the wing thru the fuse. Just make sure you measure to make sure the wing is centered before you drill.

Hope everything goes well with your build.
Dave