RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carl Goldberg Extra 300. Any suggestion is appreciated.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Abras
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just started my CG Extra 300 Today. Any Suggestions?

Thank you for your opinion Mark.

Here is the facts:

I bought this KIT for a very good price, you know that kind of opportunity you can't miss. I was looking for a KIT to build, but with the money that I had, I wouldn't get a nice plane like this. And this already came with a fiberglass cowl that is a little more to spend.

My Father is in US right now, and I ask him if he could bring me a engine as a gift. He agreed but he said a limit of $$$ I could spend. I choose OS because I know their engines are easy to tune and don't give much trouble. I wanted a four stroke because I never had one, so it's good to "fell" new things. With the limit my father gave to me I could only ask him the OS 91. But fist I asked about it to a very close friend of mine that had the same airplane with a OS 91 and he told me that if I could build the plane very light then, the plane should fly perfectly in acrobatics stuff. Then my father bought it, So I already bought the engine, and I didn't got the 120 because of money problem (Was $100-$150 more expensive).

So I don't have any other choice.

The funny thing is I searched a lot in this forum, and some people says that it's flies well with a 91, others don't. In Tom Pierce review he says that it flow great with a 91, but I asked him in a e-mail about any tips and he said that the plane was underpowered. Then this very close friend that I trust says that I 91 works great. So as I can't change the engine I will build my CG Extra 300 With a OS 91 4-Stroke and review it. So we can all talk about if a CG Extra 300 can do all acrobatics using a OS 91 4-Stroke.