View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 03:23 AM
SALMONBUG
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MICK REEVES SUPER REAPER BUILDING

ORIGINAL: Countryboy

SALMONBUG,

Not sure what you are referencing too; when you say, "One Inch Above the Cam", but my mounting rails are 1 1/8" below the top side of the fuse. I have even seen the rails mounted flush with the top of the fuse sides, with what seems no adverse affect too flight characteristics.

I think there have been some changes to the Reaper since it's introduction. Not sure how old your version is, but mine was one of the late first or early second batch. I did have a problem with the wing spars not wanting to engage the fuse sides... had to elongate the front hole. A friend of mine also had the same problem, and his too was an early version. This may not be an issue with yours.

If you have read all the info in the Jets forum, then you know about the potential problem of the verticals fluttering, and some even parting company. The method Mick Reeves showed in his early versions; was simply not adequate. I have installed four dowels completly through the verticals, with bolts and washers to secure. Attached are a few pics that may help give some insight.

thanks for the infos from what I can already see, I have the latest version. (Normal, I ordered it direct to reeves 1 month ago). If uou look my fuselage side, you can also see that my fuselage ends up in a diferent shape than your.
please show me more details of your speedbrakes and rudder servos instalation

you made a wonderful job on that one, retracts, speeedbrakes very complete !!!

I should have wrote MAC (mean aerodynamic chord) instead of CAM (the french "corde aerodynamique moyenne")

I mean what is the position of your thrust line above the center of the fuse (who is also the CAM position on this design)