RCU Forums - View Single Post - Finally!!! Completed Something Extra -1st Kit
Old 06-18-2004, 05:00 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Finally!!! Completed Something Extra -1st Kit

-On the servos, there were those that thought that I should go with higer torque one's, but I think the 537's should be just fine for the SE.
-I did replace the "nylon tube" elvator/rudder controls. I kept the external sleeve and slid a 2x56 rod into it's place.
-On the landing gear, I am not sure, I just measured the stock one and bought one that gave me extra clearance. I think I added about 1 1/2" to the front by doing so. I bought it at my LHS and it wasn't labled or anything.

Regarding the 14 month's, remember that I did do other things. There were times that I just hung it up for a while. Since it was my first kit I did run into problems. I had to re-sheet the leading edge on one of the wings because I used too much Windex when bending the sheeting and it warped and couldn't be straightned. I had to do the front turtle deck over because the balsa that came with the kit was too stiff even after trying the Windex method. I have attached two pics of what it looked like. And as far as the covering, boy I took my time and went very slow. For those who might be wondering, I did cover the parts first like you get in an ARF, then went back and removed it where the epoxy went. I also re-enforced the tail where the Sullivan tailwheel is by adding another layer of light ply. Sorry no pics of that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57904.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	144733   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68766.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	144734