RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamyia TNX, had to do it!
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2004, 11:49 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tamyia TNX, had to do it!

Yeah, it's kind of limited in the spur gear department, but I got it figured out, I'm going to elongate the holes and ditch the electrtic starter U-bolt. Plus, I'll switch from their flywheel/bell set-up to a standard one from losi or AE. But currently, in every rtr truck box, they give you the installed spur gear and a spare one in a bag that requires their 16 tooth pinnion, due to the limited engine movement. So I do have two different tooth spurs from tamyia, I just need to do the mods and try it out. But on the flip side, the truck rips as it is from tamyia, I don't think I'll need to change more than the factory supplies. The shocks are the only weak point I found that could have been made a little better, but their out of there tommorrow, Losi xxx-nt rears, all the way around. I changed to Imex pin hawgs on offset t-maxx rims by GS racing, put the orange fire line in place of the thin tamyia fuel tubing with a ofna sintered filter. The steering servo is a 645 hitec and the throttle is a hitec 605, JR receiver and a 1100MAH pack. The tank primer was removed and plugged with a pan head screw and O-ring, I also drilled a hole in the tank flap to accept the zip tie for qiuck pits.
I did some LHS hopping today and ended up with a bounty of parts for it, the terra crusher parts are the same fit, a little heavier and some things are solid instead of lightened out, but they will work and will serve well for back up parts until the OEM parts are available and in stock again.Well see at the races how this truck does, I just came back from my friends house and put the AE MGT and the TNX side by side, their the same size, the TNX is about a 1/2" shorter in length and width, bolth trucks have off set t-maxx rims and after market tires.