RCU Forums - View Single Post - GreatPlanes PT-40 construction diary. Any tips/comments welcome!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:23 AM
brsseb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GreatPlanes PT-40 construction diary. Any tips/comments welcome!

newBieT: Sure hope you get your baby up in the skies this year. Think its gonna be great fun to fly this thing. Getting my radio sometime next week, and the engine sometime in july. If i keep it up, i might get it done late july/august. But who knows with this hobby .

Anyway, here is the latest work:

The engine doublers were installed with epoxy overnight.

And the wing bolt plate (used even if im going for the rubberband version) is there adding strength to the fuselage. Just snapped right into its place, almost making the epoxy it was secured with seem like a waste .

Then the front dowel triplers were CA-ed and clamped down. Give you a nice stable surface to install the next part:

I didnt find a good way to make the windscreen detatchable, so I just obeyed the instruction manual (read: "gave up" ), and glued it into place. I dont feel it is that much in the way since the front hatch seems large enough for operating the fueltank.

Havent glued the rear top roof on it yet, since im having some trouble with the pushrodtubes for the rudder and elevator. They seemes to have a too sharp bend in the end, making it abit hard to pull and push the pushrods I think. Fixed one so far by drilling the hole in the last fuse former abit lower, but the other one seems to be too hard still. Also, i need to get some balsa-filler for the holes tomorrow or so.