RCU Forums - View Single Post - Patriot, F-20 , Kougar, GP F-15, GP F-14
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Patriot, F-20 , Kougar, GP F-15, GP F-14

What are you looking for?

* I tell it like it is, no politics The F-20 and Patriot fly about the same with the same engine and if yu use retracts. I have seen the F-14 and Kougar. The engine is the key here. A guy installed a ST .90 on an F-14. Why? He ran a stock muffler. You have nothing impressive here . it was a flying pig

My F-20 with a .40 Mvvs will blow right by a F-14 running a stupid G90. But i own a G 90 on a P-51 and it screams. The right combination is what you want.

You get a pane that is rated at a .40-60. Okay most .90s now have the same case size so go with it.

You want to save time and have a nice hot plane? Get the Ultra Sport ARF .40, throw in a YS.45 with a pipe or something with a pipe. Scream this combo around for a while and then move on.

As I recall, your building a Patriot. Okay, Throw in a basic 46fx to get the feel of the plane for a while, then step up and put in a Jett.50. Also Consider the new OS50 sx but with a pipe or you have nothing.

Remember when a trainer was too fast and now look. Same here. Cruise your patriot around for a while on a reliable cheap engine, then this winter throw in the muscle.