RCU Forums - View Single Post - Let me get this straight ! [8|]
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 07:40 PM
allancito
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Let me get this straight ! [8|]

Guys I need your help and a comment or two.

First I am using the new FMA 8 channel with auto pilot and in fail safe my models fly level lazy circles until I yell at the mother who switched on his radio without the frequency card in his hand. It absolutely 100% saves planes and there are no more crashes due to interference, fly aways etc. The worst problem I had was student who got his plane out of range and it was last seen flying wings level out to sea. There are 6000 miles between Chile and New Zealand so I am sure it never made dry land.

In your litigious society if crashing is a potential issue then I just cannot do more than recommend the new FMA 8 channel system. YOU WILL NEVER CRASH AGAIN DUE TO RADIO INTERFERENCE OR LOSS OF CONTROL FOR THAT MATTER. If your pride suffers then just set it up so it only works in fail safe.

Anyway heres my problem.

I have a new 9ZA WC2 and I fitted a NBS 2100 NiMh battery pack to it. That should not cause any of the following problems.
Also I use Hobbico PPM, Futaba PCM and lastly FMA 8CP with DSR. The symptoms happen on the lot so it is not a receiver or brand issue.

With the radio and receivers on if I touch the antenna with my hand the servos go ballistic. ALL OF THEM. If I walk around the plane ( I have six flying and they all do it) when I get to the front left the servos start to jitter and when I get closer to the model they go off ballistic again.

If I fly and I do I can see the model get hit with either a rapid rudder flick or an elevator or aileron flutter. The hits are rapid and not constant but if I am near the ground it does nothing for the heart.

Today I had this supposed interference really bad on my FANTASY. Oh by the way this is engine off in all cases and on the ground. So I sat my radio a few meters away from the model and let it do its business. After about a minute it settled down and for next 40 minutes nothing moved. I picked up the radio and walked around the model and it was perfect. The FMA receiver shows how many times the radio was hit with interference and it shows nothing. If I turn on my second radio it registers the hits so I am beginning to think it is in my 9Z

My radio has a synth unit just for information. There is an airport about two miles away with a considerable military presence. ( We get permission from them to fly so no worries) There is a lot of GA traffic and the commercials as well. MY frequency on all my planes is 72.090 (15)

We have a small club and fly with five or six guys on the weekends. They never have problems.

I am at wits end with this problem ands wonder if you can point me in the right direction regarding this.

Heres hoping this leads to some answers.