RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problem w/HFP-10 Programmer, Help!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Paul Cataldo
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem w/HFP-10 Programmer, Help!

Guys,
I have been trying to program my elevator servos (5945's). 1 per stab half.
I have used the HFP-10 successfully, on several occasions. This is the first time I have had ANY programming issues at all, and I just can't figure it out.
I went to program the servo in the Rt. stab and everything went fine. However, the left stab is a different story.
I reset servo to factory defaults, and then set center and endpoints. After setting the center and end points on the programmer, I would THEN plug the servo into my Rx, and see what the servo was REALLY doing. Many of you may know, that if you program a center of -8 to center the control surface, that it may not always center the control surface when the servo is unplugged from the programmer and then plugged back into the Rx. Basically you have to use trial and error between the programmer and your Tx, in order to get correct center and endpoints.
Anyhow, my problem is that every time I would program the servo's center to get the elevator centered at neutral, it would NOT hold that setting. In other words, I would plug the servo into the programmer, determine the correct center point (let's use -8 for example), and then plug into my Rx and find that -8 WAS IN FACT the correct center point. HOWEVER, after a few times of plugging back and forth into my programmer and Rx, the servo's center would suddenly change(when plugging BACK into the Tx) ! At first, -8 would have the elevator nice and flush at the neutral position, and the next time -8 would be 1/4" or so OFF of neutral. It kept doing this over and over, and I CANNOT figure out why! This is hard for me to explain on the net, but I hope you guys understand what I mean. It's late, and I've been working long hours. Maybe I'll explain the problem better later. It's been driving me crazy!!!!
Anyone had this problem before?
I would greatly appreciate it if you guys would share YOUR OWN PERSONAL steps for programming servos. Thanks for any help fellas.