RCU Forums - View Single Post - GreatPlanes PT-40 construction diary. Any tips/comments welcome!
Old 07-03-2004, 03:43 PM
brsseb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GreatPlanes PT-40 construction diary. Any tips/comments welcome!

Finally got the rear fuselage roof on it after much hassle with the damn pushrod tubes. Had do redrill the holes since the produciton marks for the holes wasnt properly aligned, and it made the tubes bend too much, causing the pushrods to be hard to move. Was gonna use the in-fuselage antennatube, but gave up after the weared antenna was too tricky to push in, even in a big wide tube. Gonna put it on the outside, exiting from the rear of the main wing and pinned to the top of the fin.

Glued the stab base on and JUST remembered to add the little easy-to-miss triangle at the very end.

Sanded the tubes so the glue would stick on them. Also got some balsa filler to secure the tube exits, and sanded them off for a clean exit. Looks good. Havent got the engine yet, so work on the fuselag is halted. Next up is probably to slot the hinges and final sanding on the fin and stab.

One question..the manual tells me to glue the stab and fin to the fuselage BEFORE COVERING. I find that strange, since it must be tricky to cover the model with them installed, wouldnt it? Never heard of this way before, but the idiot-proof manual is pretty clear on this point. What should I do?