RCU Forums - View Single Post - ModelTech Great Lakes Setup
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 09:38 AM
no1speshal
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ModelTech Great Lakes Setup

Flight report:

I hate this plane. This plane does not fly good. It does not fly even close to alright. It turns like a greyhound bus, corners like a crippled sloth, climbs like a dead monkey and has an all out flight performance of a Yugo! However, it does look nice!
I am in this hobby to fly the wheel pants off of my airplanes and to design and invent new flying aircraft. This model will play nicely into one of my evil schemes! (Muhahaha) The first thing I am going to do is take it back apart. I will remake the cabanes and center struts to better accomodate installation at the field. I am going to cut the fuselage up and make it longer, but while I am cutting it up, I will probably redo the fuselage in its entirity.
BEFORE I do all of this, I need to ask you all a question. If I am flying a well balanced aircraft around a turn, it tracks well with a little up elevator around the bend. This one will not turn a corner to save itself. Is it balanced wrong? I got the addendum from Modeltech for the new CG, but that does not help anything. I am powering it with a TH .61, so power is not an issue. What am I doing wrong? What can I do to fix it...before I hack it all up? Anyone? Please! Any comments welcome.

Red