RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito 200Ti RPM, props, fuel?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Build-n-flyer-RCU
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saito 200Ti RPM, props, fuel?

The motor has a couple of gallons of fuel through it but it is still on the break-in curve and runs noticably better each time I take the plane out. I've broken in two Saito 100's so I know it takes a while, but this 200Ti seems to be taking much longer than the singles do for some reason.

I started with an APC 18x6. Peak RPM on the ground was only 8000 RPM and it did not seem to unload in flight at all. In fact it seemed to "load up" and slow down during turns and when I pointed the nose up. After several scary flights this way I tried an APC 17x8. This prop gave a little more RPM, better flight speed and good enough performance to pull through loops OK. But it still did not pull the plane along with authority.

The MA 16x10 gives similar performance to the 17x8 with a little more speed which feels/seems more natural for the warbird (H9 150 P51 Mustang). But as I said earlier peak RPM on the ground is only 8500.

I am running on-board glow and even with this turned off there is no longer a tendency to drop a cylinder. The idle is perfect. I've adjusted the valves, tried different plugs etc with no noticable difference in top-end performance. But it does seem to run a bit stronger eact time I take it to the field, so I am not absolutely convinced that there is something wrong with it. My plan is to put another couple of gallons of 15% through it and see what happens. And if peak RPMs don't reach toward 9000 with the small prop I will then send it to Horizon to see what they have to say.

Anyone else with this motor please post!