RCU Forums - View Single Post - F2G Corsair Build
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 10:18 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: F2G Corsair Build Sneak Peak!!!

As usual nicely done. Well I started to work on my TF Corsair again after giving up on Sierra retracts and working on other projects. Keep motivating us
Thanks Pete, that's great news you are starting on the Corsair again! Keep it going!

I'm surprised that you built the canopy form almost "free-hand". It's really looking good. I usually do this work with the side profile and formers.
Hey Flo, Surprised? I never do anything the easy way, it's against my principals! I prefer working free-hand, having all kinds of formers or rules hinders me! I like to use my eye to judge things, although it don't always work!

Luke can build anything with a little spit and bubblegum! NICE canopy, dude! I'm gonna need one of those when I get around to my Race #57
Haha, you kill me Glory! Don't know about the bubble gum thing! You will get a canopy, and I want a plane built for it too!!!

OK, back to the build! Didn’t get my clear plastic sheet, UPS man missed delivery, won’t be here till tomorrow. Had a whole day to work on the F2G, so I had to do something!

1. I installed all the snakes needed for the controls, retract and steering. With that done I needed a canopy to finish the top sheeting, so I made one out of ABS for now. I order 8’ sheets of .040 and .020 ABS so using it up is not a worry!

2. Shows the new former F-8B that I had to add to support the rear cockpit deck. I’m making the canopy operable so I wanted to get this area as close to right as I could.

3. Rear deck installed.

4.Here I am tracing the outline of my canopy and checking the fit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30936.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	153791   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98978.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	153792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38727.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	69.8 KB