RCU Forums - View Single Post - Homelite XL Auto Oiling Saw (Updated - Finished engine and boat)
Old 07-17-2004, 09:46 PM
KeithLuneau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Homelite XL Auto Oiling Saw?

You know, that engine mount sounds like a great idea! I've been thinking of how I'll mount the engine to the airboat. I'll have to swing by tyhe local machine shop and see what he's got in terms of U-channel that'll fit the motor. I'll also see if he can cut the flywheel down for me, I'm not to confident about getting it straight and balanced.

Thanks for the recommendation on the prop also. Now, will the $13 prop adapter sold at wackerengines.com for the Homelite short shaft engines fit? I might have the check and see what thread the crank is and see what the adapter is. If nothing else, the website says that custom parts are available, maybe I can get one in the correct thred if it isn't already.

Lets see, my dad paid $5 for the saw at a garage sale (broke recoil starter which I fixed anyway) and gave it to me, about $10 for a prop, $13 for an adaptor, I'm guessing another $10 or so for the u-channel.... I can see why you all like these engines so much!