RCU Forums - View Single Post - AP Yello Jacket .15
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 05:52 PM
no1speshal
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AP Yello Jacket .15

Darren,
Thanks for the feedback. My last effort was to try some 30% heli fuel to see if that would do it. Nope. See, that is what got me too. It idles great. It just purrs and purrs at an incredible low idle. It even transitions really nice, up to whatever the RPM's are. The problem is that it never winds out. It never reaches peak RPM's.
I usually run 15% nitro castor. (The pink Omega stuff) That stuff keeps all of my other engines purring and screaming at any throttle setting. So I think that it should be fine, with the exception of the need for some more nitro.
Other than that and from reading other posts in here, I found that AP uses the same carb and exhaust from their .09 engines. I guess to cut mfg. costs. So, what I was going to do is ream the hole out on the exhaust a little and open up the carb too. I am not doing any competitions so rules are not an issue.
Since I am an aircraft mechanic by profession, these little mods are easily accomplished. Anyways, thanks for the reply. If you have any other options before I do the required modifications, just drop me a line.
Thanks again for the help. Any more is still appreciated.

Red