RCU Forums - View Single Post - does anyone work on ace radios anymore?
Old 07-20-2004, 10:57 PM
crashawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: does anyone work on ace radios anymore?

thanks Dave, I'll look them up. yes it is the AM reciever, funny thing is I've had less problems with this radio and reciever than anything "More modern" I've owned, I've actually never had a glitch or taken a hit with it. all my JR and Futaba stuff have allways had a certain amount of glitchs and spots at the field that you avoided (allmost everyone at the jacomo field has had problems with one SPOT ) but this set up never had a problem with the spot or interference.

MasterSmasher, all though I apreciate your willingness to respond, you could have come up with something usefull or else left well enough alone. the micropro 8000 and the pro 810 are much better electronics than about half of the "New" stuff that shows up at the field everyday. (as in cheap radios) it was made right here in the good old U S of A by people from right around here, Tom lived down the street from me before he died. if japanese radios and chinese labor weren't so cheap the Ace line would probably still be in manufacture today. (much of their charging stuff is still being made) I heard a rumor once that rcd recievers where a copy of the pro 810, not sure how right that is but the component set up looks alot alike. so buddy, if you don't like me flying my Ace radio, tuff! it's legal and as modern as it gets (unless you have big bucks to spend). so[sm=bananahead.gif]

Jason