RCU Forums - View Single Post - Backup TX for my 9CHP
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 03:43 PM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Backup TX for my 9CHP

I currently use a 9ZAP with a synthesizer as my primary TX. IF the synthesizer for the 9C ever materializes, I'd really like to start using my 9CHP as my primary. The 9Z is way overkill for my needs and it's just too darn complicated. I wanna sell the 9Z and buy a nice backup TX but everything I can summize is telling me to just buy another 9C (maybe a 9CAP this time) and be happy with it.

I'd really like to have a Hitec 7 QPCM with Spectra but the darn thing doesn't support Futaba PCM, right? Shoots that one down. I fly a lot of gas all on Futaba PCM. I like the idea of having positive and negative shift in case I pick up something along the way that already has an Airtronics or JR RX installed. Then again; it's a shame it's only a 7 channel. Why doesn't Hitec have a competitive model to the 9C? You would think they would!

What do you guys do for a backup TX? I have one TX that I fly everything with. Am I the only one? I know I'm not. Do you guys that do what I do have a backup TX or is it just me? Maybe I should just sell the 9Z and be happy with my 9CHP???

Suggestions? What to do. What to do...

Thanks!