Thread: King Kobra
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 11:26 PM
jlchapman
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Kobra

John,
The King Cobra is a really quite a simple plane to build. The reason I say that is the wings are sheeted foam and the fuselage builds easy and quick. The turtledeck and cowl are plastic, just need some paint. The wing doesn't need any reinforcement from my experience. One thing I did on mine was run two aileron servos. This can be done by putting two side by side in the center of the wing and use the torque rods. Or put them out in the wing and cut a channel thru the foam for the servo wires. I would not even attempt the rear exhaust thru the fuselage on this plane. I remember a article where I believe Col Art Johnson did that on the Kougar, might of been the twin Kougar, which is real similar in construction. I have two King Cobras, one with a OS60 tuned pipe, retracts and also a second one with a YS91 four stroke. The retracts take a little extra work but sig tells you how to install them. On the YS91 installation I made the cowl a little longer to be able to fit the longer four stroke. These are really great flying planes. These planes will fly fast and slow down alot for landings. I think you will really enjoy flying and building the King Cobra. If you have any questions on building it let me know, I'll be glad to help.

Jerry #67