RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio Range Problems?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 10:55 PM
DTB
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio Range Problems?

ORIGINAL: SLINGSHOT-RCU

Had a plane do that . it was the throd rod tuching the muffler. Want hurt to look. hope you get it streat..
That is a good idea and I can see how that would cause problems. My motor's muffler is pointing upward and the throttle servo isn't close to the muffler.

I flew another plane yesterday with my 9C. The plane did fine. I flew several times with no problems. Do you feel the Tx is OK. I do feel more comfortable with the Tx now since using it with another plane. I felt no glitches of any kind while operating the model.

The plane with the questionable Rx is a Four Star 60 with a YS .91FZ (Glow power) which was modified to use dual elevator servos. So the plane uses 6 servos instead of 5. The Four Star 60 does use extensions on the ailerons only. The wing has 2 servos and each servo uses a 12" extention wire inside the wing to allow the servo connection to reach outside of the wing in the center. An additional 6" extension comes from the Rx to connect to the wing servos. I have always used this setup with no problem, but could this be a problem.

I guess it is also possible that I received interference from some other source. While I was flying I heard the throttle servo glitch and the motor sped up for a second, then the plane dipped downward, but I was able to react to the plane and correct it. I landed and turned off the Tx but left the Rx on. I noticed no surface movement and no glitches. So I am still suspicous of the Rx.

Thanks,
Derrick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28397.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	162259   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18446.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	162260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf87720.jpg