RCU Forums - View Single Post - Patriot in process
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Dave03B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot in process

Hi all, as many of you may know, i had a patriot and loved every minute of flying it. I lost it due to a mid air![]
Decide that i cant live without the thing, so bought a .40 kit and am currently building it. I'm powering it with the West Eurotech 50V1 which i will mount conventionally (upright) with the pipe going down the side. I am aiming to make this patriot, look as much like a Bandit as possible. I've reshaped the tips of the tailplane and fin already, wing tips will also follow. I haven't got the reshaping planned, I will do as I feel necessary.

Main question so far is, as I'm going to be using a simple Take of dolly, and will continually be landing on grass, should I re-enforce the bottoms of the wing ribs? Although my landings will be perfect i thought i should take measures to stand up to the odd mole hill etc.......

I'm planning inboard flaps via torque rods, and a servo per aileron. Also if i can get hold of one, a smoke system.

The colour scheme will be the same as the Super Bandit shown on Bv's site (gloss black top side, white/grey underside)
Wings will be covered, main fuz will be glassed and sprayed.

let battle commence