RCU Forums - View Single Post - How do you deal with your crashes where a plane you really like gets totalled???!!!
Old 07-26-2002, 07:02 PM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How do you deal with your crashes where a plane you really like gets totalled???!!!

Originally posted by RCadmin
Well last night I lost a plane on it's first flight. I did get a chance to wring it out and it was awesome. I looked forward to many more flights with it and what I believe was a failure of servo tape in a wing (smaller electric Cap 232 plane) the plane went out of control and was totalled. Sometimes you can fix planes and it's not so bad but when they are totalled it's a little depressing especially when the plane is a great performer or one you really love.

Just curious how you guys deal with the post crash blues? Go fly another plane? Build another? Rebuild a brand new one? Drink?
I don't know if this helps, but a few years I saw a beautifully built Hiperbipe doing a wonderfull routine, and part of his routine was to go into a spine with the smoker on. Well he did that and it was awesome, but he didn't get out of the spin and went straight in with wood pieces everywere. But the pilot in this case was also in the airplane when it hit and he died, as this was a full size airshow.
From then on if I do crash (yes I do) I just keep remembering that scene with his wife watching and screaming, and somehow my crashes aren't as bad.