RCU Forums - View Single Post - How do you deal with your crashes where a plane you really like gets totalled???!!!
Old 07-27-2002, 01:13 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do you deal with your crashes where a plane you really like gets totalled???!!!

I'm glad I'm not alone...I also know a guy at my field who buried a few in the trees (3 to be exact) all in about a month and one was a big DP Extra on his 3rd flight I think. He hasn't been back to the field since as he is very bummed out but I'm hoping he's just taking a little time off and hope he gets back in the saddle again. It's been awhile since I dumped in anything I really liked so it's truly hard to relate until it happens to you.

Last major dump in was a "Magic" pattern plane (designed by Hanno Prettner) when I was around 13 years old. I built the plane over the entire winter and airbrushed a beautiful rainbox pattern with intricate curves. Retracts, pipe..the whole 9 yards. First flight dumped it in within 8 seconds. The cause? Aileron servos not reversed! Stupid, dumb, idiotic check I forgot in my excitement (hey I was 13). Nothing since then until this one (bad luck with ailerons seems to be my theme).

Maybe if I only fly planes with elevons I can be safe

Roger - your example surely puts some perspective on this...not to mention that asteroid hurling at us which is supposed to impact in like 17 years or so!

I guess I should hide the parts as everytime I see them I say "I can't believe I did that". This is one where I will buy another one and do it again...hopefully the date stamp inside this one will be further out