RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just switched from Futaba to JR 10x....help!
Old 08-17-2004, 01:21 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just switched from Futaba to JR 10x....help!

ORIGINAL: lgodin-RCU

I just switched from a Futaba 9C to a JR10x and have some questions.

On my futaba I had the upper right switch doing my low/3d rates, all surfaces on one switch, is this possible on the 10x ( please let it be so!) and if so where should I look in the instruction manual?

Can I set different end points or ATV for each direction of the servo? Example...on my 40% plane I run more down elevator than up, I can't seem to make this happen with the 10x, the end point is changing for both directions.

WTH is zpcm and spcm?

What is the best non-pcm JR receiver for my smaller planes?

Thanks!

Welcome to the 10X!! You won't be disappointed !

1> You can switch all surfaces with one switch - you have to set up "flight modes" to do it. Very easy to do even easier than with the FUT. When setting up the flight modes you would tie the mode switching to the Elev channel (rt side switch) I prefer the aileron channer (left side). The manual is very good at explaining it - you basically choose one channel and you get access to multiple flight modes.

2> You can easily set up differential, expo, and just about anything you can dream up. You can even adjust servo speed.. So YES

3> ZPCM was the first generation PCM. ZPCM has half the resolution as SPCM. All new JR Receivers are SPCM, so your 955 is SPCM only. You basically will use SPCM or PPM on the 10X. The only reason they threw in ZPCM is that some people have old PCM receivers and they wanted backward compatibility.

DP