RCU Forums - View Single Post - Multi Engine Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 05:26 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Multi Engine Forum

Hi Easytiger good to hear from you, finally someone with enough class to actualy say something instead of just silently trying to derail another activity. First I would like to say that I do respect your opinion and have enjoyed our conversations over in the vintage forum.

In regards to this being to narrow a subject the same might be said for the vintage or autogyro forums but both have done quite well and rightfully so. Also both experiance a much larger volume of lurkers than posters. Case in point is myself, I do not fly autogyros and may never but I do visit that forum every day two or three times simply because I like them and that for a huge number of users even though they may not post is a valuable commodity.

Now if you think doing searchs or looking for obscure post lost somewhere in the shuffle is effective then I suggest that is as good as useless. Then the board just ends up looking like all the rest with virtually identical catagories and as you know that can get boring too precisely why we need some of the more unusual subjects, wittness your own frequent activity at the vintage forum.

Let me tell a little story if I may; Over the last few years My main activity has been pylon racing and have managed to make about ten formal races a year in a three state area as well as practicing on the course almost on a daily basis and back at that point a few of us had struggled to to keep a single thread opened on RCO just so an admittedly small cross section of the RC community could share. Out of that single RCO thread has grown the fantastic race forum here at RCU.

Calling a multi forum too narrow with not enough to talk about is a bit silly compared to something like the beginers forum, now there is one that has a huge number of possible subjects but how many times have you read, whats the best trainer? Whats the hotest .46? or my favorite, I soloed in one day. I,d be willing to bet a throttle synchronizer that you visit that forum on occassion even though your bored with those questions!

No I respecfully suggest that a multi forum will not only do well but truly play a part in concert with a few other unique forums here in making RCU a true pilots board and not just a copy cat of the others.

Good talking with you Easy tiger see ya at the vintage board

John

Oh man don,t get me going on a Ukie forum, I hate to have to go to RCW all the time for one forum