RCU Forums - View Single Post - What you like/dislike at hobby shops
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2002, 05:08 PM
NCBrit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LOTS OF CHOICES--ESPECIALLY HARDWARE

Originally posted by AJF 2
Most stores have the standard GP hardware and a few things from DuBro. I love choices!--Different control horns, linkages, wheels, etc.....

The BEST HOBBY STORE I HAVE BEEN IN---(and I have been in quite a few) was a converted country store in Summerfield NC. Hangar 3 I think it was called. The only place I have seen that STOCKED Webra 4 stroke engines--and they had one of each! They stocked every engine I had read about or seen advertised at the time. About 8 years ago I was looking for a Cermark 40 size Ultimate and called every mail order company advertizing in RC Modeler and MAN with no luck. They had 2 of them. When it came to covering, you were not limited to Monocoat and Ultracoat. There was the Coverite-fabric and film in ALL of the colors, Sig's covering-HEY-they had covering I had never heard of--ALL IN STOCK!
What makes this so strange is that I have been in hobby stores in NY, FLA, VA, NC,SC,GA that advertise in all of the major mags---but the best I stumbled across completely by accident!
Would that be Summerfield, just North of Greensboro? Wonder if it's still there?