RCU Forums - View Single Post - Haunted, chattering and going nuts HELP!!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 02:40 AM
Gotta_Fly
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haunted, chattering and going nuts HELP!!!!

Hey Fellows

I fill kinda stupid for wasting a thread but Ive run completely out of ideas, First off let me fill you in on what's going on a little bit, Ive been flying for about 3 years now, and just in the past year I got bit by the Giant scale Bug, So all Ive been doing is buying, building and learning everything I can possible learn about these bigger gas drinking birds.
Well since I enjoy flying 3D so much and to help from banging up one of my $4000 dollar babies (and that still don't guarantee me not crashing) I like to use one of my smaller size planes like either my UCANDO.46 or .60 size, or maybe 78!QUOT! Edge to practice what ever maneuver it is I'm trying to work on.
But here's my problem and I have tried everything I know how and I'm getting to point where if I try it again without any success one of us is going in the river, I know that sounds very childish but Ive been working with these planes long enough to be able to fix a problem like this but I'm drained and embarrass that I cant fix this simple problem, OK we have all heard about servo chattering right, and usually it maybe something as simple as you forgot to turn your radio on which will make your servos chatter from picking up other freq's and sometimes if you have to much voltage going through your RX that might mess with it, but here is my setup and by the way I'm using the .60 size U CAN DO with a Webra 120 up front, I'm using Hitec 605 servos all the way around except the throttle which is a Hitec 425BB, I'm using a 1900mAh 6v lithium Ion Duralite plus battery with a regulated regulator and right now I have it set on 5.5v I'm using a Futaba FP-R127DF RX, and a heavy Duty DSC Switch.
So as you can see there is nothing really cheap I'm using but every time i turn the power on the servo's go nuts, and then it will stop but when it stops the rudder might be all the way left, and with the elevators one might be up and the other down, then If I move my sticking on my radio a little bit the control services will work fine for about 20 seconds then all hell breaks loose, I don't know what to do with it, I have changed batteries and put a regular 4.8 in it and that didn't work, I tried a different RX but that didn't fix it, I know its not the servos cause there all brand new.
I'm sure this is something simply and I feel like an idiot already, so I'm open for all suggestions please,... Thanks a lot everyone...