RCU Forums - View Single Post - Patriot almost done
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 06:50 PM
HavinFun
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot almost done

I bought this kit last year as a winter project, I finally started to build it in June. Just needs the final sanding & its on to covering. As it sits here it weighs 6lb 6oz, The only things left to add are the rx, rx bat, switch, linkages for the flaps & ailerons, canopy, tailcone & covering. So it should come in right around 7 lbs. Using Robart mechanical retracts, YS45 with a Macs tuned pipe. I mounted the engine upright so I would'nt have to mess with the pipe when removing the wing. The air intakes look nice so I put them on, The change I made here was to glue a piece of balsa at an angle at the front of the intakes. Hopefully this will make them more aerodynamic vs the flat front as per plans that would catch air & slow it down. I cut the ailerons so I could have flaps also. the flap servo is mounted at the wing center, the aileron servos I mounted out in the wings. Made a compartment between the ribs & mounted the servos on their sides to the compartment covers. Will be covering it with Monkote insignia blue (Blue Angels) & cub yellow. A couple more weeks & it should be done.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50407.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	168631   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71171.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	168632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tz66742.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	49.0 KB