RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bad Form in the FOR SALE groups?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2002, 03:55 PM
Dave Bowles
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prices

I'll give my Example , My ad was for a Newly rebuilt O.S. .46 FX , New piston and liner, new bearings and new crankshaft, it also came with a tuned pipe and header but not the original muffler. My asking price was 135.00 to include the shipping, Then a guy makes me an offer of $90.00 (thats fine, no problem) but hten goes on to post he can buy the same engine new for 109.00, which of course is true but not with a tuned pipe and header, now he has FALSE and MISLEADING information on MY ad, The engine I was selling was not your standard package so the price of a standard engine has no bearing on my asking price .I did sell the engine dispite the BS that had to be posted in response to this guy. Reguardless of what an Item can be purchased for we don't know how much someone paid for it, although they may be below what they paid they may still be above a discount stores price , they should still be able to recover as much as they can , IMO if you don't know what the normal cost of something is why are you blindly buying at a swap n shop or auction in the first place ? If they have the ability to find this site or Ebay they have the ability to do a simple search to find the retail price. I have no problem sending the Seller a line about going prices in email or people that are asking about it, but it is really non of my buisness what a person is asking for an Item , the exception perhaps being if we know for a fact there is something fradulant about the ad, That should be brought to the attention of the moderator right away. And lets not forget that there is no standard price for out of production items , collectors or specialty items, only the free market can determine that , its worth what someone is willing to pay be it new stock or old stock.