RCU Forums - View Single Post - EBAY- Does this make any sense - +50 shipping????
Old 08-02-2002, 10:15 AM
shindin
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shipping

shipping is very high lately , i sent two sets of retracts and several sets of struts, by priority mail, from Grovetown Ga to Sunnyvale Ca, with $400 in insurance.... small box, weighed 6# 3oz, and cost over $19 by usps..... i almost fell out in the post office... i charged the guy $8 to ship, as i had sent stuff to him before, and figured worse case scenario, i would have to pay $10 or 12, and the extra $2-4 wouldn't break me, i seem to under estimate shipping on pretty much everything.... but $19? ouch!!! about 4-5 years ago, i was sending .60-sized warbirds to Texas in huge boxes by ups for about $25...... i checked on greyhound once, and to bring a boxed ziroli p40 from Tx to here was going to be $125..... so on my current deal, the other fellow is going to drive here (7-8 hours) and i added to my side of the deal to compensate.... so if you haven't shipped anything in the last month or so, you will probably be in for a surprise next time you do.... i know i certainly was!