RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR Helicopter Forum
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2004, 05:34 PM
manion_30
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR Helicopter Forum

Hi shane,
I think you are on the right track, it will help you see the different effect after a change is made. Their are a multitude of combinations in the heli not counting the radio program changes. I think this would be easer if some how you could strap the heli down to a table or something solid so you can track each main rotor/TR rpm at the different throttle changes or system changes. Virtually every part of the heli can be tested, adjusted, and monitored with out fear of a crash and or MECHANIC ERROR (thats a new twist) forgetting to attach a rod or leaving a screw loose etc. Bungee cords or cargo straps work best, wrapped around each skid tube both front and rear. They allow enough movement to see how the heli will reacts to each change or combination of changes. Just think of the time saved not having to carry and test fly after each change. You know your stick position at hover, it will only change slightly. I sit in a chair, radio in one hand and a tool in the other, and adjusting while the engine is running. Granted many starts and shut downs, but its ideal for radio changes. With your tack tracking rotor rpm you can change the TR and see exactly the rpm lose or gain and the engine performance at each throttle setting. It makes your pitch/throttle adjustment so much easer. I guess to simplify what I am saying you will need a controlled environment to get your data, if in flight you only have stick movements, act and re-act feel, watching heli, and sound of which the time of day, wind, and heat can change what you see and feel. But, you must be careful of the blades, you might need to fire your Barber.

A few questions after reviewing your hardware.
You have a g490t gyro, what is the its speed ie .08@60 deg? I have not seen this gyro yet.
What type of main blade do you have ie flat bottom, full symmetrical? I read yesterday that a full sem blade requires much higher rotor speed.
You said you radio manual was in a different language, did you get the English version? I have the 10X copy I downloaded if you need it I can sent it to ya.
You have a OS 70, you should have more than enough power. Your needle valve should be a lot wider than 2 clicks.

I have many project and work on one until parts are exhausted, get tired of it, or I get an idea on another project thats given me fits. I just installed a FPE 2.4 on a Sig Extra 300 xs and installing the radio my first Gas Plane. This is my first plane using a JR radio program, but I figured out how to mix the 2 elevator and aileron servos for independent controls. I have been spending lots of time on it lately. I had to change rx in my Sig Clipped wing cub which included changing the plugs on the servo(old Airtronics to new air JR 8103 radio) I now need a crystal for it. I am covering a Waco 61 size (what a *****) using 21 Century Coverite. I have a old Mock 1 pattern plane half built (24 yrs old). 2 Venture 30s, I still need to do more adjustment on one, and the other is 80% built, needs muffler, rx, and crystal, then all the adjustment for advanced flight, break-in a new Webra 36. The last item is the Q60 40% built, needing missing parts, and just borrowed a dial indicator to check the run-out of the fan hub, and starter bearing. Still waiting for the Gyro and TR servo from a bid. Now the kits still in the box all 24 yrs old. No, I'll skip those. I only have a 2 stall guage and still have a lot of test-equipment and parts when I was repairing TV, VCRs, Projection TV, camera, and Sterio's that I quit to return to RC. The same amount of work but much more enjoyable. So I am working in a limited space.

Sent me your email address and I can send you some pictures I took yesterday. mine is [email protected] some of this stuff probably souldn't be presented here.

see ya

Larry