RCU Forums - View Single Post - Returning to RC flying, radio questions.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:05 PM
XJet
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Returning to RC flying, radio questions.

The Eclipse is a pretty good (albeit mid-range) transmitter but if you get the Spectra module then you should seriously consider upgrading the battery to something a bit better than the standard 600mAH pack that comes as standard. The standard pack is good for less than an hour once you've got a Spectra module fitted.

I got myself a 2100mAH pack from Radical RC for $34 and it lets me fly all day if I want.

The Bergs are also a great receiver. I've been flying FMA-M5s (another excellent receiver) for some time but find that the Bergs give me almost twice the range during an aerial-down range-check. Both the Berg and FMA receivers have smart decoders that do an excellent job of filtering out bursts of interference that would otherwise cause bad glitching with a "dumb" receiver such as those made by Hitec and a raft of other manufacturers.

I'd probably chose the Berg receiver over the FMA for another important reason: support. I've emailed FMA's support address on several occasions and never got a reply. Peter (Berg) on the other hand, always answers his email and really knows his stuff.