RCU Forums - View Single Post - My First Diamond Dust
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2002, 11:21 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Diamond Dust

Well I just got down flying my DD for the first time.

I ended up putting a OS .46 FX for now until i can get a throttle for my GRRT. And glad i did! When wife let it go it went up and to the right hard. And pretty quik to. Think with the GRRT it would of been in the grass as mulch by then.

I trimmed it out and flew it around 1/2 throttle for a bit. It fly nice but very different. I cant seem to get used to the delta wing loook in the air. When i go to make a turn my nose was down almost everytime. I need to get used to the way it looks in the air change my angle when turnning.

One thing i notced is that i couldnt set carb on the engine as i can on my other planes. Seems i am going to have to set it a bit more rich than i usually would. It leaned out on its own fairly quik on me and I wasnt used to this. So once in air i could not go full throttle, it just gobbled up air and bogged down. So my flights ended up beeing 1/2 to a bogging down 3/4 throttle.

All and all i liked the plane, flew straight and tracked well. I did notice that my pushrods were vibrating and sounded a bit cheap in air. But i have some C-clamps for that problem. All i need now is to find a carb or some way to control throttle for my GRRT and I'll be in business! ....