RCU Forums - View Single Post - My First Diamond Dust
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2002, 04:19 AM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Diamond Dust

well i now have a few more flights on my DD now. I am now getting used to it and it is a blast. The roll rate is awsome!

One thing though is I am already wanting more speed out of it. I got adjusted to it already and have the urge for more. Heck guess thats how it goes. As of now all i have on it is my OS .46FX and 9x7 prop.

After a few flights and a little bit of fiddling with the engine i got it running right. Sounds great pulling them R's. Even with this Mild engine its alot of fun flying. The guys that seen it fly for first time were amazed at the speed. I had to keep telling them that what they seen wasnt nothing compared to a real engine installed in the DD. Was trying to explain it looks like the plane is in fast forward the whole time.

I do have a question though, what servos are you guys using with the higher powered engines?as of now I am just using the standered JR 507. I had a few people say that I may need to upgrade when I install the more powerful engine.

Also what batteries do y'all think seem to work better 4.6 or 6.0 volts? Just curious.