RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba R149DP Problems
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 09:47 AM
toyman94
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba R149DP Problems

I just took my Futaba receiver(r149dp) out of my 30 size heli that I sold , in which it was performing flawlessly, and then put it in my OMP Edge 540P. The battery in the heli was a 4.8v and now the plane is 6.0V. Well, I went to go out flying yesterday, and did my usual range check to find that at any range the tail servos were doing something weird. When I pull fast on the stick(elevator or rudder) the 2 elevator and 1 rudder servos shake at odd times, mainly when I release the stick and when the servos are at center. It also happens at full throw sometimes. The servos(New Hitech 645's) were working flawlessly on 6.0V with the R127DF reciever for about 10 flights. I also tried switching around servos on diffferent channels and found the problem stayed on the rudder and elevator channels with different servos so that eliminates the problem being the servos.......so far......I am swithing to an FMA receiver I have and so far there is no sign of problems. I will find out more later today. The R149 is surely good for 6.0V, could the problem have always been there but not noticable at 4.8V??? I am gonna do some more research but figured I'd see if anyone has been here before. Thanks for any input