RCU Forums - View Single Post - APC Props?
Thread: APC Props?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 10:41 PM
GPitts
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: APC Props?

Hey, I just got back from flying and the APC 10x7 prop sure made my plane much faster...probably 10mph faster. What also happened was surface flutter![] Real scary sound to hear. It was my first flutter ever. The extra boost of speed sure made the control surfaces shake alot and made my rudder vibrate loose! The only thing that was holding it onto the plane were the tail wheel and the control linkages. Aileron servo tray was also loose. Tommorrow I will try to see if my control surfaces are ok and that they dont flutter anymore. All the clevises, servos, control horns were all fine. I will test my luck tommorow and see. Today was just a real crazy day at the field and its a miracle my plane is still in one piece. 2 mid-air's happened today and it was real horrible. The other guy that mid just lost his other brand new plane yesterday....I feel sorry for the guy. There was also an incident where one guy was running his plane in the pitts and the prop flew off and almost cut some guy's head off!. I came in late in the day and I dont know what else happened earlier. Bottom line APC props do pull harder in the air even though they have less rpm in the ground. I'm pretty satisfied with this prop but it did stress out my airframe a bit.