RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2005 Safety Code
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 07:29 PM
abel_pranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2005 Safety Code

ORIGINAL: mongo

general rule #3 has always bothered me.
it provides your private ins co an ability to exclude covverages for safety code violations, just as the code does for the AMA carrier.
Mongo,

I'm with you on that one. It also inhibits clubs from making site-specific safety rules that might be prudent, except that by so doing they would create additional exclusions from AMA insurance coverage.

HOWEVER, while it isn't perfect, the rewrite of the Safety Code is one heck of a big step in the right direction, and I am very pleased with the work of Mssrs. Mathewson, Underwood and Morgan for that. It reads much more clearly, and in some cases manages to make sense out of utter nonsense, e.g., see R/C rule 9. This is no small feat, especially given that Brown is still in office. This is the first time I can can recall that the SC has been changed for the better, meaning sans any additional arbitrary rules (AKA insurance exclusions), and some existing ones less ambiguous (lawyers love ambiguity, I hate lawyers[>:]), and less restrictive. I give it an A grade, notwithstanding some quibbles that can be addressed later.
I know Bob Underwood and of course who Dave Mathewson is; anybody know Ron Morgan?

Abel