RCU Forums - View Single Post - mitake, again?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: mitake, again?

ORIGINAL: Hal deBolt

Hi ya'll,
November Model Aviation has major error?
Check article> "From Ground Up" by Granelli.
This is a series and in first episode description of engine operation wa
very flawed. MA made attempt to correct problem and promised it
would not happen again.
Now notice that this episode decribes fuel supply methods and ALL of it
is incorrect.
Question>what happened, cross check was not made or checker did not
understand the subject better than the author?
Better to not publish than to present misleading data?
Would do well to let editor have your opinion?
Nuff sed?

Hal deBolt AMA 1520
Hal:

When I read that first installment on engines, I emailed a significant complaint to the editor, and AMA. Granelli was held up for several issues. They got a number of complaints according to Hunt. In the next issue when he was allowed to continue, I estimate 40% of his text was trying to worm his way out of his hole by saying what he *intended to say the first time* and that many misunderstood his approach. What a crock of feces.
Now, Hal, out of curiosity I suppose I have to read this article. Since reading his first two articles, when I see *Granelli* I just move on as I don't think he knows very much about engines, or models in general.

OTOH, he knows how to snake his way into a place where he can make money like AMA's e magazine SPORT AVIATOR where one can find the introduction signature of:

Sincerely,
Frank Granelli
Sport Aviator Editor

Now that is one big shame, the Blind leading the Blind, more use of AMA's $$ which came from member dues.

Interesting to see if the elite item called AMA Executive Vice President "CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER" can/will ever try to explain this. OOPs, there I go again forgetting that the EVP only parrots the PAID OUTSIDE AUDITOR"S report. I often wonder if he can actually figure any of this for himself. [:-]

I used to think that only weathermen were the people that never had to really know anything about anything and could be forever wrong and everyone accepted such. Now another such position has surfaced. Editors for AMA magazines!