RCU Forums - View Single Post - mitake, again?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mitake, again?

It seems like the AMA and Model Aviation is a closed shop. With 150,000 or so AMA members they are reluctant (nice word for flatly refuse) to address such issues with volunteers from the membership. They easily could have a 100 or so recognized experts in the hobby that the could e-mail the text to for review with strict time limits so that publication dates are not jeopardized. I would gladly be one of the reviewers for battery related articles, any other volunteers so we don't hear, !QUOT!Volunteers never volunteer for these things!QUOT!? Sometimes you have to let people know that volunteer efforts are welcome and what is needed. I recall the great difficulty Bill Lee in D-VIII had in getting them to accept his great membership verification program. Lets hope that Mathewson, when elected President, will begin to harvest the talent available from the membership pool and make the AMA all it can be.

(copy to Bob Hunt, Aeromodeling Editor, [email protected])

ORIGINAL: JPMacG

Yes, I've read quie a bit of well intentioned but bad advice in MA. Apparently they are short on reviewers.