RCU Forums - View Single Post - A couple radio questions regarding JR Tx and GWS flight pack.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:48 PM
WhtBronco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A couple radio questions regarding JR Tx and GWS flight pack.

Well I have no problems with the ESC mounted about 1/2" from the Rx. I have not yet flown the plane though.

I also got the servos working just fine. I didn't realize, probably never tried before, that both aileron servos had to be plugged in for the aux 1 port on the Rx to work.

Anyway all the is straightened out now.

I know that Horizon says for extended hovering and extreme 3D that you need a brushless motor, but I don't believe this plane will hover at all with the stock setup. It just might at full throttle, but I have my doubts. Holding it verticle in the house it doesn't try to pull up at all. Oh well. I am certainly not gonna spend another $150 on a plane, just to get it hovering well, that will probably not last more than a few months it's so flimsy. Heck my OS46AX, throttle servo and 2 gallons of fuel are less than the cost of the tiny brushless motor, new ESC and 3 cell li-po battery. Hmm, maybe that's what this plane needs is a small glow engine, nah it'd never hold up.

I sure hope this little is fun to fly, I am kinda disappointed in it so far. Maybe tomorrow I can find out.